Hello SJMRC!

JohnS_323

Hello All!

My name is John (in case my ultra creative user name didn't give it away!) and I live in Central NJ. I met some of the SJMRC gang at ILC this past weekend. It was a really good meeting and very cool to be able to get our two groups together.

A little about me: First off, and strange to admit, I am the "First Husband" to NJRC. My wife, Phyl, is the President and the two of us are very active in the hobby. Pretty much all of our waking moments (after the kids go to bed) are spent doing something reef related. Either working on our systems or doing something to support the club.

We currently have two systems running at home. In our bedroom is a very straightforward 65g shroom and zoa tank with a 10g sump/fuge. In our living room is a 120g mixed display with a blend of LPS and SPS. The display is tied into the basement where it hooks into a 100g sump, a 150g frag tank and a 50g fuge. The plumbing down there is pretty cool and has been designed to make life really easy on me. I also have a 12g NanoCube in my office with 2 purple firefish and a mix of shrooms and LPS.

Highlights of our livestock are a beautiful golden moray eel, a huge GSM and her mate, a blue head wrasse and a nice size purple tang. Other than them it's an assortment of pajama cardinals, blue/green chromis, Fridimani pseudochromis, yellow tang, etc.

Let's see . . . on a hardware front, we have a DIY calcium reactor, an MR3 Recirculating skimmer, an Enaly Ozone Generator, a Sequence 5800 (running the system), a Vortech and Tunze powerhead and a couple of different phosban/carbon reators.

Well, that's us. Like I said, we're very active in the hobby and really enjoy meeting other reefers. It was really cool meeting some of the SJMRC members at ILC. I guess the Eagles route of the Redskins helped keep everything upbeat!

Last edited:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hey John and Phil welcome to RS, busy people!! but as the saying goes, the more you do the more you can, see ya in the posts I hope. Steve

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hello John and welcome to Reef Sanctuary! Your system sounds very nice. Care to share some photos with us? :)

JohnS_323

I finally got around to posting some pics of the process of tying my display tank into the basement. I tried my best to document the full progression but sadly rushing to get it done took precedence over taking pictures!

Here is a link to the thread: Basement Plumbing

There's only have one full tank shot in that thread. I'm going to try to post some pics of all 3 systems a little later.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hello again John! lol that is some wacky basement!! you'd think somebody would invent pipeless plumbing or something. SO when do we get to see the tank??? Steve

JohnS_323

Love the avatar, Sasquatch (or is it . . . . Tim?)!

I'm an awful photographer but I'll try to get some full tank shots to post up.