Hello from az

Hello everyone just setting up a new reef tank.After countless dollars and a kidney I'm almost there.Look foward to meeting everyone and get in some learning along the way.I'm making a photo journal from my old tank splitting to my new one running(smooth I hope) LoL.Anyhow I'm shure you all will see me pokiing around in the forums alot.Salute!! b_b

Witfull

hi there,,,welcome to RS. cant wait to see the pics.

what part of Az you from? i lived in Mesa for 3+ yrs and loved it.

Witfull

nice area. i need to get back there to see the revamped tempe area,,,they were just filling the river when i left. i had a great view of superstion mountain from my house, nothing like seeing snow capped mountains while BBQing!

Sharkbait

Welcome Bullet Buddy nice to get another local in our group.I've been in AZ for 7 yrs. and building and maintenance of aquariums.Post some pics of your old tank before teardown so we can see your progress.Welcome to RS!
Wit-The Tempe town lake is coming along very nice.The lake is full of fish and sailboats can always be seen.One of my clients is the Pres. of the firm contructing the whole gig. The view from his office in the SmithBarney building is amazing.Phoenix is growing in leaps and bounds, problem is we are so spread out.This is not a vertical city like others, we grow low to the ground in the desert.Yeah its hot out here but,still can't beat our winters with a baseball bat...

Sharkbait said:
Welcome Bullet Buddy nice to get another local in our group.I've been in AZ for 7 yrs. and building and maintenance of aquariums.Post some pics of your old tank before teardown so we can see your progress.Welcome to RS!

My tank kinda tore itself down. It was given to me and i filled it up with water and hooked up the filter.I ran the filter all day and left it going when I went to sleep.
Notice the water line .
When I woke up I walked into the living room and my dog went "sliding " past me .pumps were all running dry and the plug to the powerhead for my skimmer burnt through the power strip,I feel lucky I did'nt get electrocuted.

So I bought a 90gal acrylic tank ,Finishing up the stand when I get the time should be done at the end of the week.I've replaced the bioballs in the wet dry with live rock rubble and I'm going to make the sump part of the filter a refugeum,and am thinking 100 to 150lbs of live rock ,I plan to put mostly corals a few fish and some critters,.

Also this has to be the nicest forum I've ever been to .Thanks to everyone for the friendly greetings and hope to get to know all of you..Thanks.Eric

tank10ko.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Witfull

looks like we need to open a branch office in Az~~i could visit for 2 weeks and not sleep at the same house twice,,,lol

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Witfull said:
looks like we need to open a branch office in Az~~i could visit for 2 weeks and not sleep at the same house twice,,,lol

:LOL: nuff said...

You kill me witty! :thumbup:

Cheers!
:rolleyes: