Hello all, I'm new here & to tank life!

chicap29

I have a 125 gallon fresh water tank that's doing great. And I have a 90 gal saltwater tank. They have been cycled for a few months now.

My Saltwater has about 20 pounds of live rock, a cleaner shrimp, yellow tang, coral beauty, 2 clowns, 2 sargent majors and 5 black molly's. I also have a Green BTA and a blue BTA, and a Galaxia.

My saltwater has 2x150 watt metal halides, 2x96 watt atenics and 3 LED lunar lights. The filter is a Magnum 350.

chicap29

Hey, I'm having some problems with my GBTA. He keeps deflating and showing his mouth about once everyother day. By day he looks great and night not so good. I have posted a couple pic's. I'm feeding them brine shrimp and I have a maroon clown that also feeds him what he can.

what do you think?

vdituri

Welcome aboard!

Your anemone should like the silversides.
Can't hurt to give them a variety of foods so they get a variety of nutrition.
Just like the ocean.

Krill, silversides, uncooked shrimp, uncooked scallops.

lcstorc

Welcome to RS!
What are your levels. Amonia, nitrite, nitrate, calcium, magnesium, phosphates, temp, ph?
Your salinity is a bit low. Generally speaking we try for 1.025 or 35. I would slowly raise the salinity. Do not do it quickly but over a period of time like a week or two. Try topping off with saltwater instead of fresh and that will raise it slowly.
What do you have as a Clean up Crew?
Lots of questions but the answers to these will help us help you.
Also immediately apparent is that you need more LR. The recommendation is 1-2 lbs per gallon of water.
HTH

goldenmean

Howdy Hooooooo!
Welcome to RS.

My first thought is that you do not have enough LR.
your live rock is your major form of filtration and as Lynn said, "The recommendation is 1-2 lbs per gallon of water."
You need at least 70# more Lr which as you already have livestock you will need to cure in a seperate container - not in your tank.

forestal

welcome aboard...
I would caution feeding anemones, often better to use small particles, such as mysis/brine and soaked in vitamins/selco and cyclopeeze always worked great for mine...sometimes the larger pieces get eaten and then regurgitated later
also usually the tank ideally should be up and stable for several months before adding anemone (not to say it can't be done).

LR not necessary if other means of filtration are there but often is the best bio-filter you can get

oh, and i second request for pics :D

chicap29

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hello all! Sorry but I made a typo, I don't have 20lbs of LR in my 90gal, I have 120lbs of LR. I guess I should proof read my stuff.

Cleaning crew:
I have 3 emerald crabs, about 20 snails and 25 to 30 hermet crabs. And I don't know if he counts but we have a great Lawnmower Blenny that eats a lot!!

I have tried to upload more pic's to my gallery but it wasn't allowing me. I will try again. And will update you on how the GBTA is doing on my other tread: I need help with my GBTA??

Thanks!!

lcstorc

Well that is a big difference. If it is live at all you shoild be good there. Anemones are verey sensitive though. I'll look for the other thread and see what you have tried.

Melanie

20.gif