heater take out or leave in?

halo2rain

My heaters on the fritz its got condensation inside the glass tube and I notice the light flickers and there is a little blue spark inside when it turns on is it better to take it out or leave it in until my 2x new cobalt neo-therm 150w come in the mail reason I say the name is I was wondering what yalls thoughts were on my choice of new heaters

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Safer to take it out! Not sure where you are located but it's Summer & hot where I am...chiller kicks in but heater never does this time of year. I can't even remember the brand my heater is :yup:

halo2rain

One of my buddies also told me to take it out I live on joint base lewis-mcchord (lewis side) in washington state. Does anyone know anyone that is in this area. Anyways my water is cold coming out the sink/hose and it stays cold in the buckets after 3 days when ambient temp is 82 usually in house. Around 72 id say so I still need a heater. But... im gonna post under equipment but what do you guys think or have heard about 2x cobalt neo-therm 150w? Since I got you here I figured id ask lol

DaveK

My heaters on the fritz its got condensation inside the glass tube and I notice the light flickers and there is a little blue spark inside when it turns on is it better to take it out or leave it in until my 2x new cobalt neo-therm 150w come in the mail reason I say the name is I was wondering what yalls thoughts were on my choice of new heaters

This is an extremely dangerous condition. The fact that you have moisture inside the tube indicates a leak in it. Remove it at once and replace it. If you feel you got to have something, get an inexpensive heater from your LFS, while you wait for the cobalt heater. Never hurts to have a spare.