hazza

hazza

hi, can anyone tell me what the little orange specks might be that have appeared on the glass of my reef tank.
tank is a fish/ invert combination and water parameters are good.
could it be anything to do with turbo snails.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! :)

Can you describe the specs (hard, soft, etc) in more detail or show us a picture?

hazza

hi, thanks to all that have replied. im completely new to this forum thing.
i have attempted a photo as suggested by woodstock but the orange blobs are rather small at the moment, i cleaned the glass (silly me) so i tried a piccy of some on the live rock. The purple calcerous algae is growing on pipes etc and does not come off easily. the orange stuff scraped off really easy.
i recently put some red sponge in the tank, dont know the name of it but looks like red reindeer antlers. dont know if this has any relevance as blobs are orange.
thanks again for the help, when i get more time i'll describe my set up in detail, gotta work out how to use the profiles etc properly first. hazza .
oh heck, how do i get a photo from my documents to the message box

hazza

Hi, thanks for the reply. Im new to this forum/post thing.
I have attempted a photo but orange blobs are rather small at the moment, i cleaned the glass(silly me) so i tried a piccy of some on the live rock. The purple calcerous algae is growing on pipes etc and does not come off easily. The orange stuff scraped off real easy. I recently put a red sponge in the tank, dont know the name of it but it looks like red reindeer antlers. Dont know if it has any relevance as blobs are orange.
Thanks again for help, i'll list my tank set up in detail on profile when i get time. hazza
Problem now is i gotta work out how to get photo from desk top folder onto here

hazza

hi, dont know if you can see this pic, trying to get the hang of it.
If you can, I think its too small for you to see any of the orange. It dosn't seem to be growing very fast whatever it is

hazza

not sure i can get it in any bigger, the site for uploading pics you directed me to, reccomended 1oo*100 pixels. I will have to try again :dunce:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Not much better :( But If I had to guess, maybe small sponges? Do the specks feel smushy like a sponge? Are the specks the same color as your larger sponge? Maybe it spawned.

hazza

I have just noticed a large patch of it on the shell of one of my turbo snails, its looking a lot like algae now. If i catch him in a good position in the tank, i'll take a piccy :)