Having some trouble....

AHRPR

Yeah I am ranting and Im used to being on a huge board so im sure there will be tons of flaming. I am just having ahard time choosing what I want to go to college for, I'm sure everyone was here but its so aggrevating because I like so many things I'm just not sure of myself being able to go through with the right cirricular needs.

I want to be a Aerospace Engineer, because I would love to develope missles and spacecrafts, but I suck at math and I don't want a desk job.

Just circumstances like such that just seem to block my way from deciding what I really want. If anyone has any relieving stories about their choice of career paths, share them. Thanks for listening to Rant..

/rant

Humahuma

I am 14 and i want to be a Marine Biologist I have a 55 gallon swim tank. If I where u i would look into all of the things I am interested in and go from there. It can be hard to figuer out but when ever I ask someone what i should do I dont all ways like that choice so look into every thing u want to do and go from there. Ever since I set a goal of being a Marine Biologist I have been geting beter grades in school.

Witfull

first year of college, get your basics and take a few electives in fields you would consider a career choice. talk to people in those majors, professors and students. within every field of study, there are many branches you can go into that are vastly different. take your choice of aerospace engineer, there is sitting at a desk, there is constuction analysis, field-testing...etc etc.

also get the partying out of the way (dont lie and say you wont, you will) have fun, its a time you wont forget, even if some of it you cant remember,,lol

ReefLady

Staff member
Hey AHRPR, if you already know what you want to do as a career, you're really one of the lucky ones. Many people go through college never having a real passion for any particular career. My wife being one of them. I was always fortunate, I had a dream to follow, and that makes things much easier.

By the way, I happen to work for the agency that creates the Air Force, AFROTC and AF Academy web sites. If Aerospace Engineering is what you want to do, you should really look into ROTC and the Academy. Free education, career as an officer, and tons of benefits. I wouldn't be recommending it if I didn't truly believe it.

T