has anyone used

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
I have no personal experience with them; Odyssea and Jebo are the same company, and I would search out some of the posts I have seen on them which makes me keep away from them. High risk IMO

They have a tendency to melt for instance

Hemlock

how often do they melt? is there any way to avoid it ?

I have had a 48" with actinics, two 250w meatal halides, fan and moon lighting and has worked perfect for the last six months. Are they the same as top dog sellers? I have to check my paper work for you to make sure which one I bought from. The low pricing makes you wonder but if it is the same company then no problems here yet... lol

Phreek

lol key word yet,i dont want to have to replace the whole fixture every 6 to 10 months.the low price is what scares me.if it sounds too good to be true it usually is

wow all these people talking bad. i have a 250 watt unit i have had for 4 years. no problems at all. runs great, only had a actinic ballast go out and it was a 20.00 part. all i can say is they are great people talk trash cuz they are cheap. coral grew awesome .... it gets my 2 thumbs up

oh and you wont have to replace nothing but bulbs. took over 2 years before any part messed up. i have a spare ballast incase you need one

Future

I've used their T5's for 6 months and it was great. It just stopped working one day and I didn't bother looking into it, but that $65 temp lighting gave me 6 months to save up for a better light. The one I got didn't put out quite enough light, but when I raised my Zoa's higher, they loved it.

Their MH's get hot and tend to melt, but it's a MH ballast, they do in fact get hot no matter what brand it is. They just place the ballast inside a cheaper cover and it'll melt, that's common sense if ya ask me. You're getting what you really pay for IMO because you can call and have a custom one built the way you want it. It'll obviously cost more though.

lcstorc

They have a bad reputation for a reason.
The light breaking is not my real fear it is the fire spreading through the house.

molsen187

i have an odyssea light and the plastic melted on the reflector. i'm saving up now to get a new light, but it does work well enough besides that one defect.

stapleton219

Just wondering if anyone has installed a GFI outlet or breaker where the lights and tank is plugged in...It will stop electricity flow to the ligt if it shorts out and should help prevent fire..