Has anyone purchased coral from Dr foster and Smith

JamesFitch

I was wondering if anybody has purchased from Dr. Foster and Smith iam looking at there mushrooms any feed back on their live stock arrivals.

BrothaWolf

Ive ordered both coral, fish, shrimp, snails you name it... They are GREAT. Everything came packed great Heat packs were still warm Customer service is awesome and they guarantee for 14 days 30 on some corals. Everything I bought was from the divers den so WYSIWYG...

Jorgens

I got a small detritus package and lost the cucumber right away. They refunded me no Q's asked. The lanika star made it 20ish days...outside there window. My water parmeters we're in good shape but the bags we're cold when they arrived.

The bags did arrive with a heat pack but it had expired and bags we're cold. 40ish degrees. I only live 4hrs south of there facility. Had my wife not been at the door to meet the Fed Ex guy he would have left the box on the front step in winter weather. Something else to plan for.

I'm quite positive it has nothing to do with there livestock as it does with shipping in inclimate weather in Wisconsin. I'd personally not order any more live stock for anywhere untill April when temperatures are not such an extreme.....

I'll def order from them again as I'd like to get there mushroom pack and a few others but I'm going to wait till this Wisconsin weather moves out.

fOn a side note they are haveing a frag swap the last weekend in June. There 3rd anual and a bunch of hobiest big wigs are supposed to be there....but ill put this in another thread..

JamesFitch

Ok good advice i live in Illinois so were sharing the weather what part of Wis is the frag swap I would love to go (Although I dont have anything to swap yet).

cioutlaw

Ok good advice i live in Illinois so were sharing the weather what part of Wis is the frag swap I would love to go (Although I dont have anything to swap yet).

What part of Illinois do you live in? there are clubs that you can trade with. I wouldnt ship from anywhere in winter weather.

Babomonkey

I just got my first coral from them today! :snshne:

I made the order just the other morning , and got it today!!! I love them!

Here they are my very first.

shrooms1.bmp.jpg

shroom%20with%20pod..bmp.jpg

peace%20shroom.bmp.jpg

not%20sure%20the%20name.bmp.jpg

the%20tree.bmp.jpg

Waiting for them to open.

open%20says%20me.bmp.jpg

I also got some tag alongs , like some sponges and clams and pretty red fether duster! :bouncer:

The order I placed was a soft coral pack. Was not sure what I might get , was fun to open the box and see.

cioutlaw

Nice corals Babo, I will say when I have ordered with Foster & smith I had good results. One small problem & they resolved it no questions asked.

SueT

I got 12 acropora/montipora frags from LA last week when the temps were single digit. I know the director of LA and he said he'd personally pack my frags. Each frag triple bagged. I got the 41 pound box by 8:15 the next morning. All hand warmers/heat packs were still cooking. Every frag was/is in excellent condition. I highly recommend them... Plus besides the frags I ordered I still got like 3 freebies. I haven't had to use their guarantee but know there would be no problem if I did.

cioutlaw

Only reason I dont order in bad weather is if their is a delay the fish/coral will have no chance. brothawolf is that a Yashia Goby? Very nice!