Hanna Test Kits

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
Wondered if anyone had every tried any of the Hanna Instruments meters to do their testing? If so, do you find them any easier or any more accurate than the regular test?

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I use the Hanna phosphate checker. Very accurate. Way easier than Salifert's, "which shade of blue is this?" Super easy to use.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
CA one is terrible to use IMO. The phosphate is great but I would run it 3 times and take the average to get a solid reading

slfcaptain

I like the phosphate and alk ones. I haven't had any issues with them and like the digital read outs.

steve

gpdno

I use the Nitrate, Phosphate, Alk and Calcium. All are good. The calcium can be finicky. The biggest issue is making sure the vial is spot on clean. I use a microfiber towel to wipe off and dirt, water, and finger prints. As long as the vial is clean the results are very repeatable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tomr33

me and my dad use the phosphate alk and calcium hanna checkers...now the calcium one is a little bit more difficult to use than the phos and alk but still i find it easier than using the redsea titration kits that we also have but the results come out almost the same from the hanna to the redsea test kits.