Hang hospital tank question?

JKT69

I have a hang on hospital tank with air pump and drip line, should be here Monday, along with some fish meds...when I introduce my first fish, would it be a good idea to keep him there and proactively use some treatments whil he is acclimating?

StirCrayzy

What kind of fish? How big hospital tank?
im guessing its too small to be a good QT , cuz a hanging anything cant be very big.
Its probably only good for short term acclimations, not full treatments which can last for weeks.

JKT69

What kind of fish? How big hospital tank?
im guessing its too small to be a good QT , cuz a hanging anything cant be very big.
Its probably only good for short term acclimations, not full treatments which can last for weeks.

Thanks. I'm referring to when I introduce the first fish, is it s good idea to proactively medicate?

StirCrayzy

Thanks. I'm referring to when I introduce the first fish, is it s good idea to proactively medicate?

Depends on what type of fish, certain types are prone to disease and should be treated IMO.
The treatment would be done in QT where the fish should be observed for a minimum of 4 wks whether treated or not.
This should be done before acclimating to the Main display.