Hammer coral frag issues

capital1983

Hey all,

I just had to break my tank down in order to remove a few nuisance fish. In the process it looks like my hammer coral frag was knocked off the rock and ended up fully covered in sand for a long period of time. I took it out after noticing it was missing and 2 of the 3 shoots are looking in bad shape. Will these shoots be able to repair themselves or do I need to frag off the good shoot in hopes that new shoots will grow down the road?? Or if there is any additives that could help as well? Any help would be appreciated.
u8e8eret.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Johnson

As long as it doesn't have brown jelly disease I'd let it heal on it's own. Also, I'd feed it a tiny bit every day; you cannot feed a Euphyllia too much; they are always hungry. Use something like coral frenzy - a small particle food.

capital1983

Haven't seen any of that...I will monitor it over the next few days.. I'm actually surprised the one shoot opened right up after I pulled it out of the sand.

Thanks mike!

reefer gladness

I've grown out hammer frags from knocked off bits smaller than a dime. If reef chemistry is good they will grow out just fine. What are your water parameters?

capital1983

Thanks mike, I feed coral frenzy twice a week. Supplemented with kent micro vert