Hair algae eating fish?

Snooker00

Ever since I added MH's to my tank I have a hair algae outbreak, not too bad yet. I have a small YT and she eats it but not as fast as I would like, at least keep up with the growth. What other fish in ya'lls opinion should I look into for hair algae control or any other natural ways. Oh and I do have astrea and turbo snails that munch on it too.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Steve

cioutlaw

Lower nutriants..meaning good water change habits & dont over feed...if its a new tank hair algea is some what normal. Manual grooming will help & the snails will work on it more when short.

Cougra

I agree, reduce your lighting, increase skimming and manual removal is the best method to get it under control. Animals will only help recycle the nutrients in the tank, it wont take the nutrients out of the tank.

Snooker00

10-4, I've been skimming wet since I got the skimmer 1 month before I got the MH's, it mighty be that I'm running the lights too long. I only feed once a day peeze, phyto, mysis and zooplankton. nitrate 0-0.5 nitrite 0 ammonia 0 ph 8.2 and I just added phosban media to my filter and added some red kelp macro. Tank has been up since 11/11/05.

Thanks,
Steve

Snooker00

The other reason I asked about fish, is because I was going to add a couple to the tank any way and I thought why not ask ya'll, what would be a good choice or something you might add to a 55 gal. in wall reef tank that has.......
1-small YT, 2-PJ cardinals, 2-skunk cleaner shrimp, 2-peppermint shrimp, 1-blood shrimp, 4-different sps frags, 2 zoo frags, 2 yuma frags, 2 separate candy cane frags, 1 rock with red kelp macro, 6 nassarius snails, 8, lets just say turbo snails, 6 blue legged hermits, 80 lbs. of live rock, 75 lbs aragonite live sand and 1-5 gallon ref. full of pods for the soon to be Mandarin goby my wife fell in love with.
Well, besides the dragonet what do you think you would add?
Again thank you for the assistance that got me this far!

P.S. I'm still trying to raise those cleaner shrimp!!
I WILL NOT FAIL!! He He

Steve

Hey, I just noticed, I have 100 posts!! All questions, I'm sure..

Snooker00

Wit, I like the, woo hoo~~, Mr. 9000+ posts. LOL! It seems like your always up, (awake) when I post after work.

Type atcha later,
Steve
Make that 101!!!

Snooker00

Been there done that, trust me I know! When it comes to the shifts, that(not too many people work) it makes it nice to be able to, have a couple sites to check in on regularly, if nothing else but to browse and learn, by reading other peoples posts, that helps the time tick away.
Don't work too hard!!

Steve

Pssst. 102!! HE HE