Hadonni anenome?

jks1

Hey guys,
I know it was against better judgement but the wife got me a Haddoni anenome and a saddleback clown for Fathers day. Its in my 210. The problem is it is gaping a bit at the mouth and goes limp and lies flat on the sand. The wierd thing is it does this in the mornings and by 5:00PM or so it will extend and look normal. It is under 3 x 400w 10K MH, on a sand bed but attached to a flat rock, good current. Water is excellent PH 8.25, temp 80, alk 3.45,
Ca 420, nitrate <1.5. (All with salifert kits). All other coral and fish in the tank are growing like crazy-

Tank is relatively new - started in March, which is why I would not have considered this anenome if I had been the one shopping. It will feed- its eating silversides, and has retained its stickiness- (nematocysts firing) Im kinda at a loss- any suggestions?? Is this a normal acclimation process? We picked it up on Sunday.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
This is what I could find:

"The Carpet Saddle Anemone needs to be placed in a tank with strong lighting, good water movement, and a sandy or gravel bottom, with some rocks. It is hardier than many of the other anemones."

I would give it some time to let it acclimate and if it's sticky and eating that's good signs. HTH

jks1

Cheeks- well I calibrated my aquacontroller PH probe and it was reading 1.5 higher than the actual PH of the tank. I think that was the problem, guess I need to verify the probes more often. Thanks ..