Grinch of a fish....

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
What is the meanest, most aggressive fish that you have had?? Post pics and explain why.

I can not decide between the bicolor psuedochromis (dottyback) or the yellow tang I used to have. Both were very well behaved for about a month or two but then turned evil!! The dottyback would hunt down my yellow watchman gobie and chase it constantly and the yellow tang would slap every fish it came close to with it's tail! :mad: I removed them and traded them in at the LFS.

61bicolor_dottyback-med.JPG

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
My most aggressive fish was my Splendid Pseudochromis. He ate my wife's peppermint shrimp and decided to torment my yellow tail damsel and clowns.
Poor little Bandit... He went back to the store and I picked up a Fairy Basslett instead.

Witfull

years ago i had a blue velvet damsel, i read up on them. all said tough, hardy, able to hold their own,,,etc blah blah...

so i thought it would add some color to my trigger tank. first week,,timid, second week, out and being a cool fish, third week, outcharging triggers for food, week 4 triggers tails frayed nipped and damaged, 5th and last week, triggers timid and hiding and damsel thought he ruled the tank...hhe forgot about me,,,

Evicted!

livingreef2004

my meanest would be my red tailed devil hes a dottyback with big teeth and a huge chip on his shoulder he hates everybody he has turned my fish only tank into an only one fish tank lol

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Pretty fish LivingReef. :)

Well, it looks like the psuedochromis' are in the lead so far as the grinchiest fish!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Remember my Napoleon thread?:D My purple psuedo... He ate a peppermint, tried to kill the scooter blenny, and harassed everything, including the yellow tang that was more that 2x his size.

choard

I had a Dascyllus albisella (Domino Damsel) he was a little pest in the 55 gal tank I had but when I moved to the 150 gal tank he took over attacked my clown fish and all others. I was so p'ed off that I worked for two day to get him out in the end I was useing fishing stuff to get him but I did get him.

:explode:

Craig Manoukian

My Strawbery Psuedochromis is a model citizen and does not bother the two Banded Sleeper Gobies I have in a 12 gallon refugium chamber.

A Yellow Tailed damsel recorded seven kills in my 29 gallon, now the sump/refugium, before jumping onto the glass top under 110 watts of PC lighting and becoming petrified. Yippy skippy! :jumprope:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I have turned my sump into a naughty crab penitentiary... I guess they are not worth the trip to the LFS. :smirk:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
My meanest fish believe it or not was my hippo tang. He killed several fish one of them my beautiful Marginated Wrasse, I wanted to kill him !!! I had to take the tank apart and broke one of my SPS colonies into 5 frags :guns: :guns: :guns: