Greenish Scum on the bottom of the rots tank

What is it?

To remove it i have disturbing it to the surface and skimming into a bottle and chucking it. The Culture has a standard 20" FW fixture on top of it. Could this be causing this or is it just the way cultures go?

How often should I cultivate the rots. I have been dumping them into my display. What will eat rots. Can my adult clowns even see them? I hope I am not just dumping useless rots in. Anyone know of any corals that will eat rots as food... I got rots by the handful. I am running out of nano phyto. i am just too lazy to make new water :| lol

:woohoo:

sandyc

My rots gets "bottom scum" too. I remove it. You should harvest 1/3 of your rots daily to keep the culture fresh. I put extras into my reef tank. Many corals will consume them. My adult clowns do not find them interesting. Hope this helps.:dance:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Ditto to Sandy. Every two-three days I wipe all the sides and bottom with a sponge, let the funk settle, and then vacuum it out during a water change.
I TRY to cultivate 1/3 every day (via water changes) but it usually ends up being every 2nd or 3rd day.
The muck at the bottom is a combination of sticky bacteria, dead rotifers, and settled algae.