green slimer

jnohs

just picked up a photosynthetiac sponge,green slimer acro,orange cap. I paid 60 buck for them from a local reefer. I got such a great deal.I have paid 60 for corals smaller than the green slimer before. I read up on the slimer, suposedly it is a very fast growing acro. So this might be fun.

SPS Corals:
blue tiped bottlebrush brown
blue tiped staghorn brown
blutiped bottlebrush baige
green slimer
pink birdnest
brown birdnest
orange digi
pinkish porites
porcilapora green
porcilapora brown green tiped
green montie
pink monti
orange monti
blue montie
purple with green pokadots chalice

all but the pinkbird,porcilaporas,porites have been showing me nice rapid growth.But i am still trying to rid my self from a hair alge problem. I just started using phosban. hopefully this will help. Also I just asked a worker from my lfs how often they change there RO filters. (i buy my water there 60cents/gallon)He told me that he has no idea when the last time they changed the filters. So, soon I will be getting a RO unit my self. for now i will be purchasing distilled water from the market. I hope that this was the sorce of my alge problems.

jnohs

oh and I have totally stoped feeding. and dont no where all this detrious is comeing from. no sand so i see all the detrious that forms. and wowwwwwwwww it is a lot. I am actually making sand i think. it is a lot that builds up each week and my sump stinks and has a tremoundes amout of crap in it. see what i do is I will stirr up my display tank constently getting all the crap, detrrious, loose alge in to the sump and settling in there. then i make sure not to disturb the sump and all the stuff builds up in it. then once a week i clean it during my water change and so much stuff come out. what is amazing is that i dont know where it is coming from. I have fed this tank3 times since i had it and not once in the last month. where is all this stuff coming from??????????????????????????????????????????????????

framerguy

What are the fish eating I wonder? Getting your own RODI is a great move. It very well may be where the algae fuel is coming from. Good score with the coral!