Green Bubble Coral

Fishphan

I just purchased a large piece of green bubble coral. I acclimated to my tank it is fully open within an hour. I noticed, however, that one of the bubbles popped on the coral in transit from the store. My question is whether the bubbles on the coral grow back or repare themselves? Also, I was hoping to get some insight into how often the rest of you feed the bubble coral by hand?

coleBB

if your lighting and water params are up to par.... there is no reason that it wont regrow and repair itself... i personally feed most my lps a small amount once a week the day be4 my water change

feeding bubbles with meaty food (prawn, squid) is a good way for it to maintain its color.. especially since its a green bubble.. and yea, it will heal itself if ur water parameters are good.. it is a good sign as u mentined it opened an hour after ur acc..

just my 2 cents.. hope this helps..

funkpolice

I have alot of tubastrea in my tank, so my bubble probably eats every day. Keep an eye on the damaged area, watch for brown jelly disease.
bill

CMG

Yeah, watch for brown jelly. LPS can have a short freshwater dip to remove parasites that may irritate the popped bubble according to my corals book. I lost a green bubble coral, I think it was to brown jelly disease from a popped bubble. Mine used to get fed a chunk of formula one once a week. mmmmmmmmmm, yummy for its tummy. There is a ginourmous one in the LFS, must be the size of two basketballs! The thing is scary!