Great new LFS

Reddog170

Over the weekend I was able to visit a new LFS. The owner has had reef tanks for a number of years. He polled and asked what people wanted in an LFS. The new store has everything you need. When you start looking at stuff he starts asking you about your system. When I told him that my son was getting a 40 breeder set up the first thing he did was offer website for information, and yes this site is on his list. He also told Jon that he did not want any livestock right now. He even went so far as to ask Jon just how he wanted his tank. He helped out without pushing anything. All his employees were knowledgeable. Being interested in Bio-Pellets I asked him about them. He told me his experiance with them and went over the pro's and con's. Still cant see how they are that much better than good carbon with some phosban.
All in all it was an awesome store, great people and great selection. By far the best store I have been in, course I live in Iowa too. Just wanted to share, Shaun

DanSReef

You are fortunate. Shops like this....along with owners and staff....IMO are few and very far between!

As for the pellet systems.... all I can say is that they work. My neighbor and I have both tried to maintain low Nitrates and Phosphates using a other programs ....with little to no success. We are both using the Vertex Pellets with a Phosban Reactore and MB7 dosing.... My Nitrates and Phosphates went to zero.... I have been unable to this point to achieve zero....let alone maintain zero... with any other system. This is a big improvement for me. Set up and costs are not bad.

Let me know if you want to know more. Good luch to you and your son. I would love it if my two girls would take on such an interest..... they like their Mom like to be arm chair quarterbacks.....:yup:

Reddog170

I got some Bio Pellets from someone who was getting out of the hobby so I will try them out. Have not seen much bad luck with them so why not, they were free. If I like them then I will continue, if not then I can just continue to run just the carbon and phosban. Shaun