Gotta HH

Emperor559

Ok I think this is a type of cerith but just wanted to make sure that he's cool to keep. It HH in from somewhere he was in the tank with the rock I found on the beach in Key West. It must of come in on the live rock I previously had in there.

Attachments

• 002rs.jpg
    002rs.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 91

fatman

Has been struck by the ban stick
It is illegal to even pick uo and take home a rock on the beach in Florida. You need a permit and they are not being issued. I think it has something to do with the couple hundred tons or so of live rock that was harvested for use by the marine hobbyists in the recent past. Seems it was often not collected in ethical manners. So the suppliers just started by unethically reef stripping of the rocks over seas instead. Actually they keep their feet dry and have the poor (money wise) villagers do all the actual work, for 5 to 50 cents per pound.

Oh, you took it the wrong way. I could care less if you took a piece of rock from the ocean off the beach for kicks and it happened to have a hitchhiker on it and you put that piece of rock you got from the beach near the ocean and put it into your tank as a piece of "live rock". It doesn't bother me a bit..:LOL:

lcstorc

Yep. The only thing you can take in Florida is certain softies but no rock with them. Also you need a fishing permit fot that. Even Tampa Bay Saltwater has a special permit to matriculture their rock in a specific place in the gulf.
I know it wasn't the original question but wanted to make sure the laws are understood.

Witfull

dood,,the FBI aint here,,,, when hes convicted i may know him,,,but till then,,,,innocent till proven.

lcstorc

I think it's the Marine Patrol that would be the problem.
How do you know the FBI isn't here? I thought they were everywhere.

Emperor559

Ha Ha very funny. All I was trying to say was it wasn't live rock. It was bleached out rock that was on the beach. Alright I'll go put it back before they get here they can't prove a thing. I wanted to go back to Key West anyway.:wit:

lcstorc

I do believe this thread has been officially hijacked in a big way.
LOL
So now back to the regularly scheduled program.
ID that snail.

fatman

Has been struck by the ban stick
Do you think it obvious that I grew up in the 60's and seventies.

Besides how much can one say about a Cerith snail. :ponder2:

Last edited:

Emperor559

Fatman don't get me wrong I understand what you are saying. I just don't understand why it is illegal to pick up a rock and take it home if it isn't a live rock. It's a rock but Laws are Laws. Now where would one go to find out the actual laws on this sort of thing. This will be the last thing I say about this as well because Lynn is right this has become off topic but I do want to fully understand the laws on this matter.