The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
2 x 250 SE MH w/magnetic ballast
2 x 96 watt PC w/electronic ballast
hammertone reflector (dimpled)
2 x 4" fans
acrylic gaurd

Snelly40

whats the diff i know one connects at both ends and one just at one end, butis one better thanthe other???

Jorgens

IT'S HERE!!!!!! :bigblue:

Only 1 broken CF bulb. I figured for more. It was packaged perfectly. I never have any luck with any fragiles getting shipped. They always load my shipment on a Friday, prob 10 minutes before coffe and smoke break and the hot lil receptionist is winking at the boys. So my fixture gets dropped and a bulb breaks. no sweat. but it's break in 10 minutes!! lol

Anyways everything else looks perfect. Nice solid (heavy) fixture. MH ballasts have been running for 3 hours and not even to room temp yet. I'll keep ya;ll updated and grab some pics when I can. I hav to rig a hanging unit as I'm too crowded just using legs.

Jorgens

WEll they say MH ballasts get hot. These don't even get warm to the touch after 8 hours of running. I trust this thing way more than some retro's ive seen people build. Nice unit!! I have no complaints at all.

jamesgang

I got my 24inch 250watt and of course it sucks. The bulb they sent isn't even a 10k, it's more like a 7500k. Way to yellow. Oh well, I bought a Hamilton 14k and guess what it doesn't work, because of the cheap ballasts they use, you also might want to check the PC's when you get them because aqautraders uess a bulb that is shorter than any other out there and puts out less light. Tried to swap out some PC's from Hellolights and they wouldn't fit because name brand bulbs are longer.

Called their "tech support", they couldn't tell me what kind of bulbs they sold with the system, if they were pulse or probe start. The bulb doesn't even have a name on it. Cheap knock off.
They only nice thing about the entire system is the housing. It's a lot smaller than the old ones they used to sell. But it does you no good when it doesn't work. I'm taking mine back.
Aquatraders is low priced because they sell knock off equipment that's crap built in China.