Got my MH fixture Order!

Jorgens

I feel like a kid at Christmas!!!! w000h-000

http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=332&HS=1

I know some ppl can't stand these but I've been following a thread on another reef site. A couple electricians ripped them apart and checked things out comparativily with other similar brands. I think this company may become a contender in the future. Of course not with customer service. But i don't need the guy I bought it from to come over and smoke cigars with me. I couldn't resist at that price so I ordered!!!

Can't wait to replace my crappy lights with a little more power! Give my poor brown acro frag some color again.

Snelly40

so what are the bad things about them?
i will spend the 800 on a Current USA with 2x250, cuz i do not want to skimp on lights

Jorgens

this company always sparks debate....
Ther are some certainties in life. Work, death and debate on Aquatraders.

I can post the link to the thread I'm reffering to. I just wasnt sure if that's polite board etiquite.

Snelly40

well let me know how the lights work for u, similar to u, as long as i get them in good condition and they work, im happy

Jorgens

That's my thought. I don't need great customer service. I need light for my corals!! They've been constantly re-designing there stuff for the last 6 months for sure as I've been watching them. It look s like there trying to get rid of that bad image. But no advertising means lower cost to you and me. And....well I'll see if i can post that link. I'd like to get permission from a mod first.

Snelly40

exactly, im not sure if im sold on it after reading that thread, some people are saying bulbs were missing and it might be iffy.
i think im staying with the Current Outer Orbit with the 2x250 HQI

BrothaWolf

Not for nothing I had a problem with the switches on my brand new Current Outer Orbit Fixture... I checked the current website... no phone number... sent them an email NO RESPONSE.... Luck for me my LFS takes good care of me!!!! Dont expect a lot of Current customer service either. Then again Im not worried about the Current setting my house on fire...

BrothaWolf

u like the current brotha?????

Ya i love it! I got the 150 version and it gives the tank a really nice shallow lagoon sunlight ripple type effect without over heating my tank! The t5's kick major butt and the white and blue moonlights give me more night time options. I run the white and blue together for an hour after T5's go out Then the blues all night and in the morning the whites come back on for an hour before T5's...
The only thing I dont like is NOT getting a response to my email and NOT having a # to call!!!
I hope a Current rep reads this post!!! :flaming: :verymad: :flaming: :verymad:

BHinAK

Please take pictures of this unit to show us and give us a review.

I just did some investigation into this. And this is what i found.

#1 Aqua-traders shows a picture of a Coralife Pro Series 1134w 72' for $549 that should be $1200 BUT the product is actually Odyssea.

#2 Odyssea has 175W DE HQI bulbs for $16

IMO both companies smell fishy, fish from China

BoomerD

Just keep in mind, they're cheap for a reason...and it's not out of the goodness of their hearts...
Oddysea seems to be considered to be a low grade JEBO...with no customer service or warranty.
Good luck.

Jorgens

I think anyone's fixture can burst into flames. And probably more likely with magnetic ballasts then with electronic. I've read the house burning thread.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1037172&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

I'm not trying to spark the old "house burning down" debate. Although I feel it could have happened to anyone. More likley with retros. Poeple play electrician and DIY there hoods. Which is more likley to burn the house down?

Anyways, the debate could go on forever. Here is the post if anyone would like to go into it.

If you'd rather pay more for a "secure" piece of mind go for it. It keep company's in business. If you'd like to save a penny or 2, go for it. Whatever makes you happy in the end eh? It's why this hoby is great. Everyone has an opinion and we can ALL learn from each other!