Got a frogspawn

jerry26

i just got this frogspawn on friday. i have never seen any like this so i thought id post it up. some of the tips are purple, some are green and some are both.

IMG_20130120_151017_892-1-1_zpsa642f599.jpg

IMG_20130120_155852_537-1_zpsb18cd429.jpg

lbiminiblue

beautiful!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did the three heads cost? And you have REALLY white sand. Do you have any Full Tank Shots (FTS)?

jerry26

the sand looks that white because of a combination of me playing with exposure and the intensity of the halides. the coral costed 10 a head, which i thought was a killer deal so i jumped on it. i wish i would have had more to spend because he had some with 5,6 and 7 heads.

i suck at using cameras and have never been able to take any shots i like but heres one i just took while playing with a panorama shot.

IMG_20130120_211601_918.jpg

jerry26

its a good thing i checked it over real good after i bought because a found a bubble of bubble algae growing on it.

under the clown and cardinal fish, theres a 9 head branching hammer i found at a lfs for 35$. that lfs is a joke, most poorly maintained tanks ive ever seen. but they do have an awesome mantis shrimp id like to have.

jerry26

i found a coral pretty similar to this on liveaquaria. they called it an "aussie frogspawn coral". i moved mine slightly off the sandbed and hes been opening much bigger and seems all around happier. heres a pic of it today. its a little blurry, i didnt stop my pumps for the pic or remove the screen thats blocking out alot of the MH. vivid aquariums has one that looks like it might be the same called
Bicolor Frogspawn Coral
(Euphyllia paradivisa)

now i just need to add in a torch coral and ill have the three main lps i want.

IMG_20130128_140141_587.jpg