gold stripe maroon.

anyone know any good links for breeding fish. I have a pair of gold stripe maroons exhibiting all of the chara teristics of getting ready to breed but they have been doing that forever with no eggs. Light cycle? anything else that could help triggering them lay their eggs. The water quality is great and they are well fed.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Send a PM to Elmo18. He successfully raises several different clownfish...

Elmo18

Hi there ;)

I would ask questions like...How old is the pair of GSMs..or if unsure, how old has the pair been with you.

Constant light cycle?

How long have they been a "bonded pair"?

Are they tank-raised/captive-bred or wild-caught specimens?

I have raised and am still raising GSMs at this time. They are rather tough to start with if you are new to raising clownfish because the fry/larvae is very small. In contrast, larvae from Ocellaris clowns are almost 1/2 to 2/3 times as big.

If you can give a detailed description on tank, inhabitants, foods given, water temp...SG...etc, I can maybe hypothesize or give better suggestions.

Best,
Ilham

P.S. Doni, I love your new tank. I'm sorry about your other fishes :( I have just heard Martin Moe breeding those yellow-headed gobies from the Caribbean. He has a nice thread in 'RC'. I'm glad a couple of them are going to you.