Glad no one Bites

Mr Spock

Hi
I don't have any saltwater tanks. I just visit to see what it's all about. Seems like it's a money eating hobby, very time consuming and I know I wouldn't have the time for it. I have a large freshwater tank and that's enough for me. My main thing is parrots. A fellow named Jason who runs a parrot board asked me to stop by here. Well, from the looks of all the pics here, it seems like everyone is having fun. I know Jason enjoys it here. Good luck to all.-------Dave

lcstorc

Welcome.
We don't bite. We certainly don't bite as hard as my Macaw does. LOL
Glad you stopped by. While this hobby is expensive, it really is not that much work once you get up and running. Just like everything a little bit of time on a regular basis is really what is required. I spend about 15 minutes a day and 45 minutes or so each weekend and that is about it for work on the tank. Now hours spent watching it or shopping at the lfs for new goodies don't count since those are fun.

blue_eyes53813

Hello, This hobby is so exciting and fun... It is time consuming and expensive at times... You can always just stop and visit with us, even if you dont have a tank.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
H ey MR Spock! The needs of the many lol actually quite a few people here have parrots, we have 3 so cross petting is ok. Steve

DaBird

hi and welcome....just please be carefull with those "Vulcan Death Grips", a little of those go a long way...lol

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
:welcomera :hallo:

spock.jpg

You know i was gonna say if you have time to keep a demanding pet like a large parrot healthy you have the time for a reef tank. you can incorporate parrot time with tank time.

The money is a whole other issue thats up to you and your budget.

prow

nice post. yes this hobby can be time consuming. most of my time is spent looking going woo ahh and at times thinking what the ____ is that thingy. i look at the cost like any worthy hobby. take surfing, sure the boards can be $$$$ then you need a wet suit to surf in winter before long you will want a spring suit, than a rash gaurd for the summer. before you know it you have 4 or 5 boards a couple wet suits many rash gaurds, a bunch different type waxes ect..ect..ect....now with my tanks i started with one now have 5. many pumps, lighting systems, skimmer ect...ect...ect...for me its all about whatever you put into it you will get back ten fold, just like surfing:) its priceless.