giant cup musroom help pls

Debby

I have had a giant cup mushroom for over a year has stayed in the same place one the same rock.this morning it has detached from rock and is floating around in tank fully open.any ideas of what it is doing?And what i can do to make him stay put.:eek:

chipmunkofdoom2

Mushrooms and ricordea don't react well to gluing, so you should get a small container, fill the bottom with a crushed coral type substrate, toss the shroom in, then put some sort of mesh over the top. Put the container in a low flow area of the tank, and eventually, the mushroom will grab a piece of the crushed coral. Then, apply superglue gel to one of your rocks, and put the mushroom on the spot of glue, then gently push down on the mushroom so that the piece of crushed coral sticks to the glue.

Dragonne

If it detached, it did that for a reason. Either it was totally unhappy with the location (light/current/neighbors) or there was a direct irritant to the base where it was attached. I wouldn't try to return it to the same place, it might not stay there no matter how you try to secure it.

Debby

well i went and bought a hamster ball put a different vpiece of rock i busted up and put it and mushroom in ball.put ball in corner of tank mayby it will attached to the rock hopefully.