Getting that last inch of water/sand out

Charlie97L

i'm breaking down my 90 before i move this weekend, and i'm stuck for how to get that last inch of water/sand out of the bottom of the tank?

anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!
charlie

blue_eyes53813

Are you totally tearing it down or just moving it? You could leave it in there to move. But if you have to get it out you are probably gonna have to scoop it out with a cup or something... Its a dirty job.

prow

just put back enough water so you can syphon the substrate out use a trash can or whatever in area that can get wet. the water might overflow the trash can but the sand will stay if you control the flow so its not so fast so it stirs up the bottom of the 'can' but strong enough to suck up the sand.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
just put back enough water so you can syphon the substrate out use a trash can or whatever in area that can get wet. the water might overflow the trash can but the sand will stay if you control the flow so its not so fast so it stirs up the bottom of the 'can' but strong enough to suck up the sand.

By far the easiest way

Charlie97L

gotcha.

thanks for the suggestions guys... i think i have a trash can big enough that it won't overflow...

i'm tearing it down to sell, so i would like it to be totally empty.

i'll also grab a beach shovel, that's a great suggestion.

its only about 1/4 inch of sand and 3/4" of water... so i should be good.

thanks!

Charlie97L

i don't think a book would hold up a 90 gallon without damaging the book.

but thanks all for the tips... i'll let you know how it works out. :)