Getting scraped up during building?

Chelsey

I'm hoping that my jawfish is just a bruiser and doesn't have cooties. Last week I noticed that Kermit has a few spots on his sides that just don't look right. It almost looks like a scrape but there's no red, it's just like his blue and yellow is gone and what's left is a greyish patch of scales. It doesn't appear to be fuzzy at all and I don't think the patches are raised, but I'm still worried. I should've made a note of when it happened but around the same time that I noticed the scrapes I came home to find that the rockwork in my tank had shifted, courtesy of Kermit, so I don't know if he got stuck and had to wiggle his way out of a hole or what.I have been trying to get a picture of it but he's not one to be out and about much other than eating, and then he's too fast. He's eating well and I haven't noticed any other changes in his behavior and the pair of snowflake clowns that are in the tank with him have no symptoms of anything whatsoever. Please give me some input, I'm worried about my little buddy :(

Reddog170

If it were me, and I have become overcautious, I would put him in a QT for a bit. Just to be safe. He probably got himself tangled up in is something and is just a little banged up. Let us know how he turns out, Shaun

Chelsey

My QT tank currently has fish in it that have velvet (just got them...glad I QT everything!) so I can't QT him. I would also be incredibly worried about stressing him out to the point of him jumping, which would make me sick (the QT tank is covered but I'm sure he could find a way). I was reading up some and I'm wondering if he might have flukes. I think it's weird that they're just showing up now when I've had him since 12-5-08...wouldn't they have shown up by now?

Reddog170

I am still learning but I have heard of things not showing up right away. Keep an eye on him but I would not add anything to the tank for treatment. Watch him and if he does not seem to get any better in a day or two you will need to find a way to treat just him and not the rest of the tank or inhabitants. Shaun

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I'm a little late, but how is Kermit doing?

These fish are surprisingly disease resistant by all accounts. I've had to dig mine out of a collapsed burrow, he's had white patches and abrasions. One time he was pale white, breathing heavy and completely disoriented bumping into the tank walls. On every occasion, he survived and I've had him well over a year. My best advice is to keep a close eye on him and minimize the stress of moving him.