Getting live rock tomorrow! Advice please

Doogle

Okay I got my 29g clean and am filling with saltwater today. Tomorrow after my dental appmt. I will be getting some live rock . I'm not sure what kind is available but any advice to what is the best or whatever and can I use lace and or tufa rock as dry rock ? What are the going rates? Is there anything else I should get while I'm there? I will be starting fowler but want to upgrade to small reef soon. Would a 4 lamped t5 be suitable for most easy corals like lps ?

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
On just a 29 gallon, I'd wager a 4 bulb T-5 could sustain just about anything, but I'm not really a T-5 aficionado...

Just be sure to only get pieces you like the look of, and remember to take your time with aquascaping. A plan beforehand will help you pick out the pieces at the store, as well as to build it when you get it all home. Good luck!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
With rock you typically look for lightweight pieces. While you are rock hunting look for some shelf like rock. Helps tie pieces together n allows places for corals. Other than that look for rock that is eye catching. You are gonna be looking at it for a long time.

........kill em with kindness "they" always say.

Doogle

Pics are in beginners forum under yes, got my live rock, salinity and placement. Gonna get more soon they had some cheaper stuff that looked different and had less stuff on it. It was more bulbous looking, if that makes sense.