Getting excited

okiejaco

I am in the process of starting my first saltwater tank. It is a 44 gallon corner tank and I will be using a 10 gallon for a sump. I have a lifereef overflow. Today, I got an Ocean Runner 2500 pump, test kit and some other little things. I am painting the back of the tank right now. I need to go put on a second coat. I hope to plumb it, in a few days. Then, I will set it up in the garage and let it run for a few days. Next on my list is a protein skimmer. I am thinking about a Octopus NW 110 unless I can find a deal on a used one. I am taking my time and getting things a little at a time. I made a deal on a ro/di unit. I will get it in a few days.

JoJo

welcome to RS. you're off to a nice start, only thing i think you're missing is pictures...lots of pics!

okiejaco

Not sure about lights. I plan on starting with a fowlr and then maybe add a few corals later. With the odd shape of the tank, I had thought about using a jbj or something similar. One that clamps on to the tank. Can anybody recommend a light that isn't too expensive? If I can, I might just get a new bulb that will fit the light that came with the tank for now and upgrade later on.

I will try to post some pictures in the next couple of days. Not much to see right now.