Getting back to salt

Mperkins92

Hi I used to have a large reef tank but had to break it down. I'm finally settled into my new home and would like to get another setup started.
I want a movable tank as I'm not sure how long I'll live here. I want to stock 2 clownfish, and a watchmen goby/ pistol Shrimp in a reef tank. Maybe other very small fish.
I want the tank to have a refugium/sump.
I also have a ~180 gallon acrylic tank I would like to move them into years from now so I would like to buy equipment that could also move to a larger tank.

I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions that you may have. I'm very excited to start purchasing what I need

Mperkins92

Thanks I'm currently 22 and plan on living in and fixing houses so that i can eventually get into a nicer neighborhood which is why i want it to be semi mobile. I am thinking around 50 gallons. Also i want to spend more money on startup to save money over time. has anybody switched from T5 to LED and noticed electrical savings? on BRS they had the Aqua illumination lights at similar wattage to some of the T5 fixtures, However last i was in the hobby nobody ran LEDs at full power.

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered already on this forum but i enjoy talking about Fish and aquariums and would like to discuss as much as possible here as well as looking at old threads.

Thankyou

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
The most stressful part of my last move (in1993-probably about the time you were born :fishy:) was moving my fish tank.
I helped with a move a few years ago & moving the 35gal SW tank was stressful. IMO, semi-mobile SW tanks do not exist. :confused:

Hope someone comes along (like Pat said) with better advice.

Mperkins92

Yea that was just a year after I was born. I'm thinking maybe something no larger than a 50 now. And I'll have a lot of unions in the plumbing for comparably easy break down. Maybe easy isn't the right word though

Pat24601

As mentioned, I think moving any aquarium is very hard and even harder than that for saltwater, but for your needs maybe something like the Red Sea 130? (30ish gallons).

http://www.redseafish.com/max-concept/max-130d/

All in one so its pretty compact and doesn't weigh a completely ludicrous amount.

It's less gallons than you suggest, but you really aren't talking about many fish if I read your post correctly.

You can probably get one used fairly cheap on Craigslist or something if finances are a factor. People are getting in and out of the hobby all the time.