Getting a RSM C250

mferrara91

Check out post #10 in the thread. It's nothing fancy - the 5G jug on the left side contains RO (that I manually fill weekly). The Tunze pump just sets inside the jug. I don't have a lid on it so I may loose a very small amount to evaporation - but I bet it's not even a measurable amount. Just tie wrap the pipe and control cable every few inches from the pump to about 2 feet out. That keeps everything nice and neat in the jug.

Morgan
Ok, so the tank is set up. The Tunze ATO is adjusted and working, and the chiller is in. It seems like it might be a tad small for this tank so I am thinking of returning it and going up to the 1/10th HP. That one has a higher BTU and probably won't run as long. Does your chiller run often during the day?

I haven't even messed with the protein skimmer yet. My fingers are crossed hoping it won't give me an issue.

IMG_0646.JPG

jringold

It's surprising that your chiller isn't keeping up. Before I installed mine, my tank was in the high 80's. Now I run it between 79 & 80. The chiller kicks on less than 10 times a day but I don't think I have ever heard it run more that a couple of minutes each time.

On thing that could be an issue is that water may be moving too fast through the chiller. There may not be enough time for the water contact with the heat exchanger. See if you can slow the flow down a little and note if that makes a difference. I just know putting a larger chiller on mine would be overkill.

mferrara91

It's surprising that your chiller isn't keeping up. Before I installed mine, my tank was in the high 80's. Now I run it between 79 & 80. The chiller kicks on less than 10 times a day but I don't think I have ever heard it run more that a couple of minutes each time.

On thing that could be an issue is that water may be moving too fast through the chiller. There may not be enough time for the water contact with the heat exchanger. See if you can slow the flow down a little and note if that makes a difference. I just know putting a larger chiller on mine would be overkill.
The pump I'm using is 230gph. It's within the recommended specs by Aqua Euro. I'm wondering if it has to do with the enclosure under the cabinet. It's wide open in the back. I tried the 1/10HP and that runs just as long and hotter than the 1/13. I don't know what to do. Is you're chiller inside your cabinet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk