Geissman or Aquactinics

ReefSparky

For my relatively shallow 55 gal tank, I decided to go with a T5 setup. I discovered in my reading that individual reflectors are a must--which leaves out the less expensive names like Current's Nova Extreme and a few others which can be had for arount $200-$300 hundred bucks.

I was about all set to purchase the TX5 by Aquactinics, which doesn't come with bulbs, and holds 5-T5 lights. Then I came across this setup from Geissman, which I like the looks of.

mini-geisman.jpg

I'm torn. Geissman is $468 and includes 4 T5 lamps. The Aquactinics is $461, but doesn't come with lamps and holds 5, instead of the 4 Geissman does.
After all is said and done, they will both be around the same price, as I'd need the $70 legs for the Geisman, totalling that setup to $528 or thereabouts. After purchasing 5 bulbs for the Aquactinics, assuming each bulb at $20, it will be more than $570.
aquactinicsT5_36fixture.jpg

aquactinicsT5bottom.jpg

The only unknown variable in my mind is the quality and configuration of the individual reflectors in the Geissman.
Here's a couple of pics of the Aquactinics TX5 setup.
Does anyone have any experience with the Geismann T5 fixture to know if it's worth buying to save a few bucks over the Aquatinics, which houses one more bulb?

mps9506

Bump for you since I don't have expereince with either fixture. I know people are very happy with the light output from the Aquatinics fixtures.

The Geismann fixtures appear to have some very cool controls though :D Not sure which ones you are looking at.
Giesemann Aquarium Lighting Systems - System 260

I don't know about the quality of the light output though.

hma

Giesemann lamps and bulbs are one of the best lighting systems in the whole Europe. I legend out own experience and as administrator of a european aquaristik forum in that hundreds of positive Threads over Giesemann lighting systems to find are.

boozeman

geiseman are great fixtures...the infinity includes moonlights :invisible
just make sure that you get them from a reputable vendor that can act as a liason if something goes wrong since the customer service is in germany.