G1-X vs RS135

jrf1175

OK, was planning on picking up a Euro-Reef RS135 for a 90 gal tank but I recently found a great deal on a ASM G1-X. Just wondering what the differences between the two units are or if there is any reason I should stick with the RS-135? I can save $100 going with the ASM.

Thanks for your comments.
Cheers

BoomerD

As you've noticed, the main difference is going to be in price. HOWEVER, that difference is because of the difference in materials. The EuroReef is made of more expensive cell-cast acrylic, where the ASM is made of extruded acrylic...IME, ASM over-rates their products just a bit, where E/R rates their pretty conservatively, so don't go just by manufacturer's ratings. Other than that, they are pretty similar units. I suspect if it were me, I'd spend the extra $100 for a better built skimmer, but either way, you'll get one that functions well.

STAR RIDGE

i would go with the euro-reef. it blows my mind the difference the euro makes. it realy pulls the organics out and fast. we use euros on our coral retail systems and they work great.

Gina

RS STAFF
We are using the ASM G1 on our 75g and I love it!
It does a great job!
I'm sure either one of these skimmers would work well for you.

lcstorc

I love my ASM and in fact want a new bigger one for Christmas since I plan to add a new tank to the system soon and my current one is too small to handle the additional load.
The only problem we have had so far is adjusting it, but once we got that set it has been running like a champ.

mps9506

If you are on a budget you will probably be very happy with the asm. I have only used Euroreef myself but suspect the actual performance of the skimmers is the same. Personally I like to spend the extra money on the Euroreef just because of the build quality and customer service I have received from the manufacturer in the past.