G!N+T0N!k's 90g Oceanic Bow Reef

G!N+T0N!K

This is the end of one chronicle and the begining of a new one!:angel3:

The previous chronicle - http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/31537-g-n-t0n-ks-75g-wave-front-25g-s-r-chronicle.html :columbo:

Welcome to my new chronicle. :lurk:

So far I have most equipment from the previous tank setup:
58lbs fiji deadrock, cpr cs100 overflow, 48" nova extreme pro 6x54w T5HO 10k/460nm. 26g glass diy sump/refugium, 22lbs fiji deadrock, super skimmer, 200w heater, penguin 170gph, mag12 return pump, diy 13g auto top off gravity fed

Waiting for funds for sand :tumble:

227185227141_0_0.jpg

BigJay

Best of luck. I can't wait to see how those lights work on the tank. Keep us posted and glad to see you didn't give up!

G!N+T0N!K

well I finally got around to pluming the tank with pvc and currently have it filled and flowing to test for leaks. :snrkl: tomorrow ill get some sand and spray paint the back midnight blue again like the old one. :thumbup: Let it dry for a day and then mix the salt and load it with my dead rock and seed it with some nice established rock.

My clown died a few months ago, he got stuck in a pump. I was sad because he has made it since my first tank. Miss ya buddy!:apint: My chocolate chip star got a leg tore off by the same pump and then a week later his other leg then a month later he disappeared.... hopefully hes hiding under a rock.:fishy: The blue damsel must have got spooked... found him stiff on the floor. miss him too the lil devil :apint: :guns:

:time:

G!N+T0N!K

day 12:
ammonia - 0
nitrate - 20
nitrite - 0

I got the skimmer dialed in! I set it to dry skim. Hopefully it will get my nitrate lower. I am going to install some spare computer fans in the sump under the cabinet to lower the temp a few degrees. Thinking about adding a fish soon.

:apimp:

G!N+T0N!K

day 14:
ammonia - 0
nitrate - 20
nitrite - 0

The four little computer fans wired together on a radio shack ac/dc 12v converter lowered my temp 4 degrees :cool: I got my gravity fed auto top adjusted and replenishing the evaporation. There has been a small amount of diatom grown everywhere. All seems well eh? :bluenod:

G!N+T0N!K

day 16:
ammonia - 0
nitrate - 20
nitrite - 0

I picked up a clown and a royal dottyback yesterday.:craig: They seem to like the larger tank then the one in the store.

G!N+T0N!K

day 19:
ammonia - 0
nitrate - 20
nitrite - 0

I added another clown to pair up. they seem happy together. :bigbounce
I found healthy amphipods in my sump :makefun:
Diatom grown seems to be slowed down and reversing.