FW pics

koffee

Just thought I'd share a few pics since I still do a little bit of FW.

This is the bathroom tank - a 6G Eclipse that's been neglected. There are no fish for now, just plants and MTS. I think it would look great with some glo-fish (danios), but it is only a 6G.

6g.jpg

Here's my electic blue something. I'm not sure of the difference between the "crayfish" from Florida, and the "lobster" from Australia.

eb.jpg

He lives in the kitchen counter tank (10G). I should upgrade his tank, but then I'll have to find a new spot for it since only a 10 (or smaller) will fit there. He shares the tank with a CAE:

eb-cae.jpg

koffee

No, I haven't seen reds. I was working in a pet store about a year ago when someone came in to get rid of their crayfish. I said, "sure, we'll take it," and then realized that we had no tank where it was safe and wouldn't kill the other fish for sale. So, he came home with me.

I secretly hate chinese algae eaters. (OK, it is no secret.) So I tried one without any concerns, and he's been fine ever since.

Emg

I have no use for CAEs either.....apparently neither does the crayfish because it hasn't eaten it.........too bad..... lol....

I too have a 'few' fw tanks hanging around....it's how I found myself to the reef hobby !

koffee

Chinese Algae Eaters can be nippy, eat more food than algae as they age, and are not even from China! I always used Ottos and dwarf plecos (clown, "true" butterfly, etc.) in my FW tanks, except tanks that were too small or had things with claws that were too big.

ramora

You could also look into neons,cardinal,glowlight,jelly bean,lemon tetras, or some harlequin rasboras,or a male &female pair of bettas.