Fungus Cure

AJinNY

At the lfs they recommended this product called Fungus Cure. I put it in the tank and it turned the water green. I figured if anything it would be blue - unless Im thinking of super ick or clout.

Any of you hear of Fungus Cure?

All the fish are swimming around and all of them are eating - so thats a good sign. I hope this rids the tank of whatever fungus/parasite is in there.

PEMfish

Heard of it, yes. Heard anything much about it, no. The colored water is to be expected with some medications. Hope you like green silicone...

RyanG

Yeah dont plan on using that tank for salties sounds copper based and tank is tainted now I believe

AJinNY

Yeah dont plan on using that tank for salties sounds copper based and tank is tainted now I believe

well its a freshwater tank and will always be freshwater without any liverock or any invertebrates....so if it is copper based its fine.

when I had a saltwater tank, I never used any meds...they got ick from time to time but the vast majority of times got rid of it and did well. withlive rock, corals, and inverts, I couldnt use any copper based meds.

SubRosa

Copper is useless for fungus.Fungus cure is Victoria Green and Acriflavine.If you really have fungus they will help,but your situation sounded like Columnaris to me and Funguscure works as well on Columnaris as copper does on fungus.

John