Fumigating my house

question:

I am getting my house tented and fumigating. I have an empty 90 gal tank that I will be setting up shortly after the tenting, is there a problem with me leaving the tank in the house while it is tented ?

its going to be a FOWLR.

Gina

RS STAFF
If you can take it out I would.
I wouldn't want to worry about any residue and not cleaning it throughly enough.

lcstorc

I have no actual information about it, but I would move it.
I just make a policy of avoiding any and all chemicals I can in and around my tank unless specifically for that purpose.
Maybe I'm just paranoid. Let's see what the experts say.

Gina said:
If you can take it out I would.
I wouldn't want to worry about any residue and not cleaning it throughly enough.

pretty much what I thought, I just don't have anywhere to take it, I might just have to fit into the hotel room with me

blue_eyes53813

If you cant take it out.. What I did when I had some drywalling done and spraying primer in my basement. I got a big roll of plastic from lowes or Menards and cover the whole top of the tank. tape it down or do whatever you got to to cover the tank... when you are ready to set up ( mine was to big) but you could take it out and spray it with a hose or fill it up a couple times and suck the water back out with a vac.. Just make sure you clean it real good..

blue_eyes53813 said:
If you cant take it out.. What I did when I had some drywalling done and spraying primer in my basement. I got a big roll of plastic from lowes or Menards and cover the whole top of the tank. tape it down or do whatever you got to to cover the tank... when you are ready to set up ( mine was to big) but you could take it out and spray it with a hose or fill it up a couple times and suck the water back out with a vac.. Just make sure you clean it real good..
That was along the same lines I was thinking about. If enough tape is used with the correct plastic covering--it would be pretty much air tight.

Anne

thanks everyone, great ideas. since I don't have anyone I can leave the tank with I am going to wrap it in plastic and tape up the seems

thanks !:whstlr:

Witfull said:
when the president told us to tape up our windows in case of biological attack~
Witful, I was thinking more along the lines of drop cloth type plastic that is used to protect flooring and furniture when painting. As for the duct tape---I don't know that I would go that far, the stuff can be a real pain getting off of stuff.

Luistwentyone, if you use stuff like the clear packing tape, if you are having trouble getting it off (on the outside of course) try the little rubbing alcohol pads that you can find in the drugstores--or just use rubbing alcohol and cotton makeup type pads.

Hope this helps.

Anne

My2heartboys said:
Witful, I was thinking more along the lines of drop cloth type plastic that is used to protect flooring and furniture when painting. As for the duct tape---I don't know that I would go that far, the stuff can be a real pain getting off of stuff.

Luistwentyone, if you use stuff like the clear packing tape, if you are having trouble getting it off (on the outside of course) try the little rubbing alcohol pads that you can find in the drugstores--or just use rubbing alcohol and cotton makeup type pads.

Hope this helps.

Anne

thanks for the tips ! :thumbup:

luistwentyone said:
thanks for the tips ! :thumbup:
No problem. I used to work as a CNA and our dirty clothes carts would have our patient lists for each shift taped to them. You can imagine after a few months, the thing got really covered in scotch tape. The alcohol pads came in handy. Helps to desticky the sticky part of the tape.

Anne

fidojoe

Fish Addict
There is this plastic wrap that you can get at most home improvement stores (HD, Lowe's, etc.) that is like thick serand wrap. Works perfectly. Self adhering, and seals well. When I worked for Best Buy we used that stuff for everything that was out of a box to protect it.