Fujifilm FinePix S3000

Imperial

Does anybody have or ever used a Fujifilm FinePix S3000? What are your thoughts about this camera?

Thanks

ScottT1980

I have a fujifilm finepix, can't remember the model (I will look when I get home). To be honest, it really does not do what I want it to do as far as pictures go in this hobby. It is all I need otherwise (i.e. picture taking at events, on trips, etc...).

I must admit that I have played around with the camera a bit but being the camera novice that I am, I still have not found the exact settings I need for tank pictures. Wait to hear others opinions and I will certainly let you know the model of mine when I get home this afternoon.

Take er easy
Scott T.

Scooterman

I just purchased a Canon G5, I love it! I'll post a few tank pictures right out the box with no major adjustments. Canon makes several camers like the G2/G3 which is lots cheaper.

F355GTB

I have a Finepix s3000... It definitely isn't the camera for this hobby. You can't manually adjust the shutter speed. The camera picks the shutter speed depending on the amount of light. There's no way around it either. And it's always ridiculously slow. I am currently looking on ebay for a Finepix s602. I'm hoping I can get for $300. That camera has an awesome built in wide angle macro mode & a shutter speed of 1/10000 of a sec. If you wouldlike to see some pics from a Finepix s3000 I'll be happy to post a few. HTH.

John

Imperial

If you could, that would be cool. Right now I have a Olympus D-460 Zoom and its ok but I can't really do any good macro shots. If you look in my gallery you'll see the closest pics I can get. So I'm looking for a good camera with a decent macro option and not too expensive ( my wife is already giving me "the look" when she sees me looking at cameras online). :flaming:

mwrager

I am with you Imperial, I have a Olympus 1.3mp. Mine cannt do very good macro shots. I am also looking at nikon 5700. A lot of $.

F355GTB

here's a branching hammer and glove polyps w/o flash... as you can see, it doesn't take too good of pictures... so i definitely don't recommend it. HTH.

John

Alf

FujiFilm FinePix1400zoom Nothing fancy but an all around good camera. Is the best for this hobby I'm sure it's not.
I took these with it.

253blennydec172001-med.jpg

106purpletipsm.jpg

F355GTB

Thanks Imperial! They are my first corals. All my pictures were taken in macro mode. I'm pretty sure that's about the closest I can get. The macro focal distance is 0.3 ft - 2.6 ft, but you can get a wide angle lens which will take it down to about 0.225 ft.