FS: Rare display macroalgae (Rhodopeltis)

tektite

For sale: A beautiful display macroalgae, Rhodopeltis sp. Very uncommon.

Growth characteristics: It is a very stiff macroalgae, can tolerate high flow with ease. Under lower light it stays deep red throughout and doesn't branch as much, under higher light the new growth tips turn light pink (older growth stays deep red) and the macro branches more frequently (like the mother colony pics below). Slow to medium grower depending on tank conditions. It is palatable to larger herbivores like tangs but smaller fish have problems biting it :)

Mother colony:
IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

Representative frag (2-2.5"). Frags will be at least this big, most a little bigger. Larger frags available upon request.
IMG_1719.jpg

$17 shipped USPS priority mail. I will only ship out on Mondays and Tuesdays to ensure the macroalgae doesn't get stuck in the mail over the weekend.

tektite

Yes, I put some in my reef tank to see how it would do (have an achilles and sailfin in there). The first few days it just lost its tips, it was gone in a few more days.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Man.....i have a PBT and although my tank has 55 more days of being fallow, i'd hate for him to get back in there and destroy it. I do have a fuge though......think a CPR compact flourescent will support it?

tektite

It doesn't grow fast enough to give chaeto any competition, and you'd need a LOT of chaeto for the chaeto to affect it.

tektite

I've had a lot of people respond. I am out of frags for the time being, if everyone who's inquired pays. Until I run out, whomever pays first will get the frag, sorry if I end up cutting anyone out but I've had too many flakers in selling macroalgae in the past to hold frags back with no payment.

Thank you!