FS: 3 Picasso clownfish & 2 Pajama cardinals

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Heres the problem, my achilles tang has ICH and I will be removing all of my fish to a hospitial tank for 6-8 weeks but I don't have room for everyone. These picasso clownfish and pajama cardinals are in the same reef but are not displaying signs of ICH however I highly recommend QT'ing and treating them anyway if you purchase them.

I am cycling a hospital tank now and expect to move the fish in approx. 4 weeks.

The buyer must be an experience reefer. These fish are special to me so be prepared to answer a few questions about your set up ;)
  • Three picasso clownfish for sale(about 1.5") Two have paired up. $100 each
  • One breeding pair of pajama cardinals (2.0") $25 for both
Local pick up only, however, I will consider driving up to one hour to meet the buyer.

20070710NewPICASSOclownfishbredb-1.jpg

The picassos will darken as they age. You can see in this recent pic that they have already begun to...

2007090810.jpg

20061213-aquarium022.jpg

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks Lynn. I am very nervous about putting them all in the hospital tank but I am going to make it go through a VERY strong cycle using pure ammonium chloride to prepare it for them.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Dont sell us MOMMY!!!! never ending work huh Woody? found this little blurb on ammonium chloride "Chemical dangers
The substance decomposes on heating producing toxic and irritating fumes (nitrogen oxides, ammonia and hydrogen chloride). The solution in water is a weak acid. Reacts violently with ammonium nitrate and potassium chlorate causing fire and explosion hazard. Attacks copper and its compounds."

gloves and glasses? reefers and their chemical jones's lol. All the best on the cure, keep us posted and moral support karma. Steve

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Sasquatch - Yikes! Don't scare me like that :eek: I only used a few tablespoons. The QT is cloudy today.... come on bacteria!! :dance:

They will go to a good home and I am keeping 2 picassos, the tang, copperband butterfly, neon gobies, citron goby and the alleni damsel.

AQTCJAK - I have a 25 watt Aqua UV w/wiper.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
lol thats not possible FearlessReefer afraid bah! just dont be mixing toilet bowl cleaners, I wonder tho if that stuff would remove copper from silicon?

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
What is the flow rate through it. To effectively kill ich & prevent what is in the water colum from ever comming to life is about 90-100GPH. Also bulb life should be no more than 12 months.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Ooops... I have a 40 watt Aqua UV.

I have never expected it to kill all parasites in my reef. Even with a super slow flow rate, it would only kill the ones that pass through it.. if the quartz sleeve was clean and the water was clear.

Quarantining all new fish/corals is the only way to prevent a disease outbreak. Something I will begin doing religiously ;)

KodiakBear

Sympathy for all the troubles. Maybe there is a reefer near you that could nurse them for you instead of having to sell them off? I know my QT is sitting empty right now, and I've got plenty of bio filter media in my sump ready to transfer just in case. If I lived closer I'd babysit them for you, especially considering how much you've helped me in the past.

blue_eyes53813

Oh Man I am sorry Doni... Maybe with time and good feeding of garlic and stable water parameters ALL the fish can fight it off on their own. Ive Seen mild cases in my tank and the fish seem to take care of it themselves. Just a thought. Wish you luck and I know you will find a solution.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks blue_eyes. Eventhough the tang is 'fighting it off' okay and everyone is eating great, I want to cure it for good.