Frogspawn head split?

Kaneda215

1. I recently did a reaquascaping. If you take a look at the day picture attached (polyps out more)... the frogspawn's bottom head's polyps have not really been expanding as much as they were before the move. It's been 2 weeks now and it's been the same. I know they could be retracted due to stress, but it hasn't taken this long to extend back to normal after a move during past instances. I was thinking, could this be because the bottom head is seeing less light?

- I did more research and read that when a head splits, the polyps don't extend as much for awhile. I turned the 10k on at night for a second and took a picture and the bottom head looks more like an oval than circle. Can someone verify that it's splitting, and this has been the reason for the polyp's minimal extension.

- If not, wtf?

steved13

PREMIUM
Is it possible the flow changed from the aquascaping? I noticed when I moved 1 of mine to a little more flow it doesn't open as much, I think it's still doing fine just doesn't need to open as much.

TylerHaworth

It may be splitting, but through my experience with Euphyllia: Splitting takes quite a while - more than a couple weeks... I would say the changes are just results of flow and lighting change as well