Frogspawn growth

cioutlaw

At first i thought this was normal because I had changed the flow in the tank & thought the mouth was just being exposed but it just keeps growing & now looks like a transparent bubble. Anyone recognize this as an disease? Should I cut only the individual head off?

DSC01491.JPG

DSC01493.JPG

cioutlaw

Witfull said:
a bulbing is usually a sign od spitting...but hard to tell from the pic.

Spitting? LOL You meant splitting? It has split before & I didnt notice it then, but still posible. there is basicly 2 large heads & the bubble is in the middle of one of the heads. The coral seems to be healthy otherwise so maybe Ill wait it out.

mps9506

That looks like what I feel like after eating Taco Bell....

Might be associated with polyp bail out if it isn't splitting. My have baby frogspawns drop out of there later. I don't think that is associated with any diseases. Only ones I'm familiar with in LPS is brown jelly and white band. Doesn't look like either.

Charlie97L

had that happen twice... it's definitely a head splitting. just happens sometimes. soon you'll have MORE FROGSPAWN yay!

it freaked me out too, when i saw it the first time on mine. mine has done it twice.

it's an unusual occurrence, usually they just bud new heads, but in certain tank conditions (not bad ones) it just happens sometimes.

cioutlaw

It has sprouted 3 new heads at the base & the original frag split months ago.first i have seen of this method. thanks for the good news :thumbup:

cioutlaw

It split like everyone said, took awhile & still isnt complete. Ill take an updated pick when the lights come on.