Free red grape/red gracilaria macroalgae

tektite

I would like to sell some macroalgae but having never done so before I would like to run some tests :)

I need a few people from different parts of the US - I'll ship you some macros for free, and you just send good photos of what condition they're in when you get them.

The main ones are:

This pink/purple gracilaria:
P1160107.jpg

P1160104.jpg

This super fine red gracilaria (makes awesome food for tangs as it grows very fast):
P1160110.jpg

P1160100.jpg

And red grape algae:
P1160109.jpg

P1160098.jpg

Thanks!

tektite

PM me your address and I'll send you some small samples. You have a camera to take pics of what condition they're in when you get them?

If all goes well with my tests I'll sell larger portions later.

BeachBum72

If you feel like another trial in the future, I'm in NC and would like some. Post when you're selling some too!

Lee

tektite

Thanks, but I will most definitely NOT be running another trial...All I asked was a photo of the algae I sent out to everyone, completely free. I tracked all the samples and they were all delivered, but only one person sent me a photo. People were eager enough to PM me to get the algae, and have since vanished and have not responded to my PM's. I have to say I am rather disappointed...

Thank you very much DesertOrchid for sending the photos back!

BeachBum72

Yes, ridiculous. Maybe you could charge and then give some type of refund upon picture posting. Can't believe someone can't give a pic in return for something free!

Lee

DesertOrchid

HEY!!! EVERYONE out there that got the free and most gracious portions of macros..........GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR and DO What you PROMISED to recieve these wonderful macros. POST YOUR PICTURES or at least send them to TEKTITEs email . They were gracious enough to send you the macros NO COST!!!! SHAME on YOU for not doing your part and taking advantage of a fellow 'salty' !!!! DO it NOW!! OR Karma will get you or your tanks.........you know how that stuff works!!!!!! MANY Many Thanks Tektite for the beautiful macros. Thank you for letting me be a part of the positive part of your experiment. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Anytime!

That is horrible! To get something free in this hobby is pretty rare. All it took was to send a picture back and they cant even do that. Sorry to hear about that!!
Desert Orchid is always good about doing what she says she is going to do, very reliable!

BigFish11

I am one of those bums that got the Macros and did not send the picture. I took the picture but my finance took the camera to Monterey to take pictures of wedding spots. If any married men out there know the pains of dealing with a woman planning a wedding you know i cant ask for the camera back anytime soon. Tekk I promise as soon as she gets home and falls asleep i will take the camera and download the photos. Im sorry for being a bum your macros are amazing and everyone in my tank loves it. I will get them to you soon!!!

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I just want to clarify that i am not one of the people that received any macros tektite said i did not live far enough away.

DesertOrchid

Glad to hear you are working on this BigFish11............I know Tektite will appreciate it!
I am one of those bums that got the Macros and did not send the picture. I took the picture but my finance took the camera to Monterey to take pictures of wedding spots. If any married men out there know the pains of dealing with a woman planning a wedding you know i cant ask for the camera back anytime soon. Tekk I promise as soon as she gets home and falls asleep i will take the camera and download the photos. Im sorry for being a bum your macros are amazing and everyone in my tank loves it. I will get them to you soon!!!

tektite

So far everyone has responded to my latest PM's and I should be getting photos from everyone tonight. Thanks to all who helped me with this!