frayed fins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jubbers

the smaller ocellaris has frayed fins from the larger (possible female)is this part of the female showing dominance plus the larger one has been darting at the small one.the large one shakes after darting and the small one turns to the side and some times swims off and hides in the barnacle. is this normal? will they breed? i seperated the two. the small one shows no sign of stress and eats regualrly. will they become a pair as they mature.:away:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Yes, that is normal. The frayed fins should heal in several days. As long as the little guy can seek refuge it should be heal okay. If the larger clown is shaking/dancing at the smaller one, then it accepts it. They just need to figure out who the boss will be :) Keep an eye on them and make sure the little one can at least hide. Make sure the water parameters(temp,ph,salinity,etc) are on target so they aren't stressed.

jubbers

1. they have together for about 2 months. this behavior has ended now and his fins have healed back up now they beleive it or not they get along! 2. there is no way this is her 2nd mate they are still juveniles. one is lees than an inch the other is over an inch. when i bought the bigger one she was the biggest of the tank. and when i bought the still smaller one it was the smallest of the tank.