Fox Face Rabbitfish problems

coppens02

I have a Fox face and it seems to have found a nice place to call home. However, It is a little too shy and rarely comes out for anyone to see and it doesn't seem to interact like the two other fish do. Are there any suggestions as to how I can get it to come out of it's little hiding spot without having to move around the live rock again?

Oh the problem really seems to happen when people come around the tank. He is very skiddish towards humans (except for feeding time)

Thanks again!

Nervoustime

The Foxface is very skiddish in general. If the fish is eating well, I would not worry about it. As he becomes more comfortable in your tank, he will come out more often. Has the fish kept its bright colors?

coppens02

Yeah when he is hiding but when he comes out to feed he looks a tad bit pale... I hope that is normal, for now. I have had him for a little less than a month so hopefully it will change.

l3fty999

Yeah when he is hiding but when he comes out to feed he looks a tad bit pale... I hope that is normal, for now. I have had him for a little less than a month so hopefully it will change.

I've had one before and it seemed to take a little while to settle in, but it eventually became comfortable with it's surroundings and spent much more time in the open. What other fish do you have in there with it? Sometimes that makes a difference.

Aaron

razorvines

Yep when they lose their color like that they are stressing or feel in danger. You will notice they raise their dorsal fins which is their protection because they are posionous. My FF did the same thing but they will eventually get used to the tank. No worries it's just their disposition.