Found Something NEW at night, help????

Ok guys,
now ive been doin this whole reeftank thing for a few years now and i have seen my far share of wierd things come out at night, but i think tonight was the topper. i frequently go on night missions and i have never seen these things before tonight, which semes strange to me because i had thousands of them. So ok ill try to describe the creature, they are tiny, like pinhead size body with a small small tail maybe 1mm or so. the bodies seemd to be diamond shaped and slightly redish brown and they were clinging to the glass and free swimming in the watter, they seemd to be bumping into eachother and randomly swimming around, they also did not seem to be botherd by my light so that leads me to belive that their sense of sight is either poor or non existent. anyone ever seen anything like this,

my tank critter list,
1 clown fish, (oceleris)
1 gold head sleeper goby
4 bar gobies
2 green chromis
1 lawnmover blenny
1 manderian goby

star polyps
several zooanthid colonies
several ricordia colonies
1 LTA
1 Rose BTA

various hermits, snails, 100lbs LR,

Thanks!
-steve

Dingo

Sounds like some eggs hatched. Probably some shrimp or a crab spawned. Chances are that they are gone and you won't see them again.

eggs huh, does that meen im gonna have thousands of whatever they were.??
TomV i dont think they are copepods i am familar with those little guys and these are deffitnally different, maybe copepod eggs or spwan or something?

BoomerD

Wasn't red flatworms was it? Kind of like these:

squidly.jpg

Or These:

Flatworm_city.jpg

ummm no dont think so, they seemd much smaller than that, about the size of a grain of sand.... If i had to compare them to anything they kinda looked like sperm cells under a microscope, the tails seemd to be just 1 thin strand with no splits or forks in it. but it was hard to tell being that they were sooo small. THanks for the input everyone!
-steve

Dingo

When I set up my tank, a hitchiker crab (I think) released some larvae. I looked in my tank and there were hundreds of little jittering bugs.

There is almost no chance of the larvae surviving in your tank to maturity. The power heads will chew them up, critters will eat them, and the appropriate food is not present. Consider it free live food, and don't worry about it.

drdrew

Originally posted by sincityreefer
they kinda looked like sperm cells under a microscope
-steve

you are officially spending too much time with your tank.

no more "night missions" for you for a while.

Originally posted by drdrew
you are officially spending too much time with your tank.

no more "night missions" for you for a while.

:LOL: hahahaha :LOL: yes i think your could be right....

Hello, my name is steve, and im an addict. ;)

time to start up the local reefaholics anymous program.

Originally posted by sincityreefer
besides not like theres anything else to do at night in this dam city. lol

I know, this boring city theres nothing to do after 8pm. Ya right!! :clink: :apint: :stars:

I also witnessed the creatures in the tank, And they looked like giant red sperm cells or tadpoles.

Whens the first meeting???:apint::apint::apint::apint: