Follow up post

lets see if i can do this post right this time.

Here’s a follow up on this post after 4 months.
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=68135#post68135

The 220 reef was disassembled and pieces of LR went into a 46g reef tank and the rest went back to the LFS for a sizeable credit. Once all the corals, snails and crabs were removed and there was nothing but sand I dosed the tank with a heavy dose of copper. After only 20 or 30 min the water appeared to be snowing with a fine grayish white “powder” settling on the bare bottom of the tank. To this day I have no clue what that stuff was. After a few day of running the system empty I added a layer of washed sand and did a few water changes.
With the credit I picked up enough lace rock and coral skeletons to decorate the tank. Also changed the halides to power compacts to save on the power bill and curtail alge. After all that was complete a lonely puffer was added to the tank to cycle it all over again.
Now after 3 months of running a successful fish only system there is now 8 fish in the tank. I know that’s not many for a tank of that size but there will be more as time goes on. There are 4 tangs, 2 wrasses, 1 puffer and 1 evil chromis.

Tangs: Hippo, Powder blue, Orange shoulder and a scropis tang)
Wrasses: (Paddle fin and a lunar wrasse)
Milila puffer and a green chromis.

The 46g is having great coral growth! The zoos are growing rapidly along with the richoredias, also getting some great color out of the frags from Logical Reef. The hippo tang from my old systems is still alive in that tank, but that is it as far as fish go. The blenny which I have had for 1 ½ years just died last week. I will get some pics up as soon as possible of both tanks.

Thanks for all the help and advise every one,
Dane