Fluorex HO Fluorescent Aquarium Lights

mps9506

Those appear to be remarked Lights of America lights. You can purchase those at any home depot :)
They are great for refugiums or even soft corals. Not even close to Metal Halides though..
What type of lighting needs do you have, perhaps we can help you find the best deal that properly fits your needs?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
That is nothing but a 65 watt HO flouresent bulb. You will need (very rough gauge) atleast 4 watts/gal of water. On my 90 gal I have 500 watts of MH and 192 watts of PC's. I would not recommend buying it for a reef tank unless it was a small nano tank and then I would prefer T5's or PC's.

biju708

Thanks I was almost going to buy 4 of them. I have a 90 gal currently I only have soft corals in it but was planning to upgrade the lights to start keeping some hard corals and clams in the future.

I will then look into buying 2 MH retro kits so that I can fit them in my new hood.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
You will be happier in the long run!

...you do have to admit that he makes them sound WONDERFUL... :rolleyes: ... always be sure to read the fine print ;)

BoomerD

Geez, ya gotta love his sales pitch though...

Save $200 or more annually by replacing a 500 Watt Halide light

Available Now - New Color Filter Gels
Change our 6500K lights from 5000K up to 12,000K With Our Optional Filters

Here is what you get when you order a light from me.

* An Aquarium light in a rich CUSTOM SPRAYED BLACK to match your aquarium (no extra cost).
* Optional* Color Correction Filters to enable you to adjust your lights to suit your marine requirements (purchase the ones you need)
* 9 foot Heavy Brown Power Cord
* Innovative Clear Bumper System to assure proper ventilation on a glass top (no extra cost)
* Optional* new and exclusive Glare Guard™to prevent light spill from the front lens of the light
* A full 90 Day Warranty on the light and a 2 year manufacturers warranty on the bulb (included for Registered customers)

biju708, the LOA fixtures are pretty good lights. Many people use them for lighting their sumps, but I certainly don't think they'd be very good for illuminating the tank. Even for a FOWLR they fall short.

reefjitsu

I have worked very hard to gather all the information you will see on my site and I am an authorized Value Added Reseller for Lights of America.

Now what does Value Added Reseller mean? It means that I start with some basic products from LOA and then begin to add new value to the product to meet my customers demands and to sell them the safest and best system in the world.