HELP! FLATWORMS ON MY BEAUTIFUL CHILD!

Wet Nerd

I have this torch in a 3 month old tank (I like to live dangerously ;)) I come back home from vacation. Bam. Two flatworms on the skeleton AND tentacles. I'm kinda spooked, as i saved money for the torch for like two weeks, and I don't want coral deaths or an infestation. I have heard of flatworm exit, but that is expensive and could make the worms release toxins when they die. I am very farmiliar with blue velvet nudibranches (Love em') But don't want the beautiful bastard to die when the flatworms to run out (I don't think there are that many) I do seem to spot eggs on the torch... I do not want to add more fish, as there are five in my biocube (all small, no worries) My siphon is really poor, and i dont want to damage or stress fish or coral. Please give me advice. Thank you so much. (Will a pistol shrimp eat them, as they are oportunistic scavengers?) THANK YOU!

Wet Nerd

Forgot to mention (likely doesn't matter but oh well) My trates are 15 ppm which is not great. trites and ammonia are zero

DaveK

If you just see 2 flatworms, I wouldn't worry about it. The problem is that they can reproduce quickly and overrun a tank.

For now, keep an eye on everything. If you see a lot more of them, then consider flatworm exit. I don't too much of trying to use predators to try and control flatworms. That method seldom works.

You can try manual removal of flatworms. It will help some.

Note that I do not usually recommend medicating a reef tank, but if your going to kill off flatworms a chemical means is usually the best way. Be very careful on how you use it. Be prepared to make several partial water changes, to remove the medication.