Flame Angel health?

woodwrkinnut

My Flame Angel was my first fish approx. 14 weeks ago. He has been hiding out alot lately. Tonite I found him in the back of the tank bumping into things, like the glass!!
He finally found his way to the front of the tank after bumping off of several snails and rocks.
I am not sure what is up my tests are all good only test that was a little high was the nitrate at .20 ppm
Wondering what could be the problem?
all the others are doing fine

Witfull

.2 or 20? what are the levels...what are you feeding him... tank size....age of tank...more info the better the advice.

woodwrkinnut

I am having a hard time , tried to create a signature.
I thought it would auto fill on any post it included all my info?

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
.2 or 20? what are the levels...what are you feeding him... tank size....age of tank...more info the better the advice.

Ditto, we need more info ! Have you tested the ammonia levels ? How much Live Rock do you have ? What was his condition when he was purchased ? How was his appetite ? How was the color of the fish, was it particularly bright ?

woodwrkinnut

sorry it took a while to find out why my signature was not listing on my threads.
I had thought it would auto fill.
I went back and corrected it.
So looking at the post added info is now present.
As for the test results, here goes.....
Amonnia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates .20
salinity (sgu's 1.025)
Ph 7.8-8.
My tank is 18 weeks old.
I have had the green/brown algae approx. 10 weeks ago.
the flme angel is 14 weeks old.
He was bright orange/red.
now is not so bright, a little tore in the tail fin(has not been chased)
That is all I can think of?
Oh yeah, they all eat frozen krill, and green marine algae sheets

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Well you have quite the bio-load for a 48 gallon tank !
DO you see any fin damage ? Have you noticed any aggression between the Coral Beauty and the Flame Angel ? The fish are extremely territorial and don't usually tolerate each other particularly in such a small tank. Also these fish are not beginner fish and should never be added to a young tank that doesn't have a good amount of micro-algae and excellent water parameters. Which skimmer are you using ?

woodwrkinnut

No aggression between any of the fish, especially the angels. They were the fist two and were intro'd. at the same time.
I have a seaclone 100 and it works AWESOME!!!! ( a inch of green gunk approx. twice a week.)
I feed krill every other day and suppliment with a sheet algae in between.
I am very cautious not to overfeed.
The flame angel's tail where the purple markings are looking a little tattered but not chewed?
unless the aggression occurs at night?